Failure to perceive variances in temperature in the extremities is the most decisive early symptom of distal symmetric polyneuropathy, a typical ailment accompanying diabetes mellitus (Ziegler 1988).
Small-fiber Test provides an easy-to- use and scientifically validated measure of warm, cool and heat pain thermal sensory thresholds, all clinically useful determinants in the evaluation of diabetic neuropathy.
Sensory neuropathy increases the risk of foot ulcerations by seven folds and peripheral arterial disease (PAD) by three folds in people with diabetes. Peripheral neuropathy is the major casual factors in the development of foot ulcerations among diabetic subjects.
Early detection helps better prevention. Prevention is better than no cure. 50% of all non-traumatic amputations occur in diabetes who is a high risk group.
- Full solid-state design with PC enabled
- Easy Tool to quantify diabetic Neuropathy
- 1 ~ 50o C calibrated temperature output range
- 1o C rate of change per second
- Remote keypad helps easy operation
- Single probe delivers both Hot & Cold temperatures
- Automatic interpretation based on set values
- Early detection of Small Fibre Neuropathy
- Software supports Windows Win 7 / Win 8 / Win10 operated computer
- Patient report storage, export, pdf options available
- USB interface
- PDF printing & Export of data is possible
- Data Backup & Retrieval
- Weighs less than 5 Kg
- Largest exported product from India
- 230V, +/- 20%, AC, 50Hz Mains operation
- 110V, VC, 60Hz option for other countries