Digital Biothesiometer with Vascular Doppler
India’s first innovative design that has combined Digital Biothesiometer for the detection of loss of vibration perception for assessing diabetic neuropathy and a Vascular Doppler for the measurement of Ankle Brachial Index (ABI). Computer connectivity is a built-in facility and reports are generated by the software supplied.
The Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) is a measure of the severity of atherosclerosis in the legs but is also an independent indicator of the risk of subsequent atherothrombotic events elsewhere in the vascular system. The ABI may be used as a risk marker both in the general population free of clinical CVD and in patients with established CVD.
Vibration Perception Threshold (VPT) has been shown to be strongly associated with foot ulceration. VPT determination by using a Digital Biothesiometer has been used to identify peripheral sensory neuropathy and subjects at risk of foot. Digital Biothesiometry helps us quantitate the threshold and monitor progressive changes or trends on following up testing.
Sensory neuropathy increases the risk of foot ulcerations by seven folds and peripheral arterial disease (PAD) by three folds in people with diabetes. Peripheral neuropathy is the major causal factors in the development of foot ulcerations among diabetic subjects.
Early detection helps better prevention. Prevention is better than no cure. 50% of all non-traumatic amputations occur in diabetes who is a high risk group
- Continuous wave Doppler
- 8MHz Unidirectional probe
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI)
- Interpretation based on TASC II Guidelines
- Doppler Velocity Waveform with ABI Indices
- 0 to 50 Volts Vibration linear output
- Computer connectivity enabled
- Software for data transfer, storage and patient report
- Software supports Windows 7/8/10 operated computer
- Software generates ABI report and VPT reports with interpretations
- PDF printing & Export of data is possible
- Data Backup & Retrieval
- Weighs less than 4 Kg
- Largest exported product from India
- 230V, +/- 20%, AC, 50Hz Mains operation
- 110V, VC, 60Hz option for other countries
- Standards matching International standards